Travertine comes in several earthy colors since it is purely a natural stone. One will find several attractive shades of Travertine Countertops in Boisewalnut, cream, gold, coral red, ivory and beige. The colors are formed because of the mix of the metal iron with other impurities that are present in the earth. They often possess natural holes and veining that makes them even much more appealing. They look dazzling and offer an aesthetic value and pleasing touch to an individual’s home decor. Hence, they are often favored and used as flooring tiles, countertops, wall coverings, and pavings. The travertine countertops have a matte, polished, tumbled, or smooth finishes. The kind of finish used often determines the level of shine of a particular countertop.
Benefits of Travertine Countertops
- Travertine countertops are delicate and beautiful, and they add a great deal of elegance to an individual’s home. It looks luxurious and is the ideal option for people who want an antique appearance. The imperfections and veining just make people desire it even more.
- Travertine countertops can work when it comes to the reflection of light, thereby making the kitchen look brighter to work in.
- Travertine bathroom and kitchen countertops are very durable and often last longer compared with many other materials. The countertops can also be used for interior and exterior decorations. Because they absorb moisture and water, their installation in the bathrooms could be a great choice.
- They are also much easier to shape and cut when compared to the porcelain tiles, hence, making it really easy to fill the spaces which are small or possess odd dimensions. As a matter of fact, if one requires to replace some tiles, they can get one or more travertine tiles that resemble the existing tile.
- Travertine can be used in sinks, backsplashes, showers, and fireplace panels. They are found in various shapes, designs and sizes, making them much more desirable. One can purchase travertine as slabs or even as tiles. You can also choose between 36-inch travertine and tiny mosaic tiles. They weigh less compared to marble.
- Travertine countertops can render a perfect visual effect, and also keep the budget low. It is less costly compared to granite and other types of marble. Their cost ranges between $5 and $30 for every square foot, based on the grade.
- For people who are looking for an eco-friendly countertop choice to decorate their home, travertine countertops are the ideal option. This is because travertine is an eco-friendly and natural product.
For more information: Contact Us